When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FS: 1948 Schwinn B6 Balloon Tire Bicycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

raymondy

On Training Wheels
1948 Schwinn B6 Balloon Tire Bicycle

This is a vintage used Schwinn B6 in black. This bicycle was manufactured on August 29, 1948 in Chicago IL, USA. The bike is unfortunately missing some parts, namely the rear rack, seat cover, left grip, and the rear fender reflector. The bike itself is in ok condition both aesthetically and mechanically and is a fine example of the balloon tire bicycle. The frame and chainguard have very few scratches. The fenders more, and the chainguard is missing the Schwinn decal. The tank decals are mostly missing also.
The fender light is all there, except its missing the lens. The fenders overall are nice, but it does have a dents and several scratches. The rear fender is missing the original reflector, which has been replaced with a pair (red and green) mudguard reflectors. It also has a dent caused by the rear rack.
The fork is very nice - good shape.
The B6 is very similar to the Phantom, minus all the chrome. Very nice bike and a little more understated than the phantom.

Measurements:
19" Seat Tube (top to center)
22" Top Tube (center to center)
32" Stand-over Height

Seat - original springer saddle, but missing the top. Needs a bit of work.
Standard 1/2" drivetrain, runs well, but will need cleaning
bars and stem need a bit of work - not perfect chrome
Pedals are Person's Supreme, worn but works well
Original bar, stem, grip - missing non-drive side, seatpost, chainguard, fork
New Departure rear hub coaster brake (arm is missing the clamp, its rotated), Schwinn front hub
Balloon tire rims and tires, S2 rims, with Goodyear whitewall tires - the tires need a bit of help but hold air and are rideable
Price is $2,500.00

BIKE001.JPG

BIKE002.JPG

BIKE003.JPG

BIKE004.JPG

Just incase you want to part this baby out I'd be real interested in that light cover

I could use the vertical "AS" stem bolt, not the pinch one...
price incrementally based on overall cost of bike I would imagine...
keep me posted....

Could also use the seat clamp if the serrations are still good!

thanks!

Back