When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reduced FS Early racing "sausage" helmet

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
Zipcode

bricycle

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
$225.00 235.00 shipped domestic only, UPS so no P.O's need street address.
PP f&f please. I ship every other week.

1611009570881.png

Last edited:
thats almost funny ! when i started road racing with the league of american wheelmen back in the 1960s we were required to wear one of these style helments ,i remember purchasing my first one when living in Miami it was black leather , hi teck stuff ! i rode with the miami cycle club .i wonder where my helment is now ? havent seen it in a few years ? anyone have my helment it has my name written in ink on the lable mike alford if you have it let me know ok !

Also known as a 'leather hairnet' -european cycling people would often refer to this as a 'casquette'

Kucharik made these in California for many years -Cinelli made them too -I used to buy ( and wear ) these that were made in Germany from a wholesaler in St. Louis, MO ( 1960's ) ....once Bell introduced the first widely available hardshell helmet ( the 'Biker' ), then common sense took over, and that's what I began wearing -I remember my coach at the Olympic training center in Colorado ( Eddie B. ) rapping his knuckles on my Bell helmet and saying loudly "chicken egg" ( in a thick Polish accent ), he sought to get me to 'knuckle under' by doing this on a DAILY basis ....I was not enough of a conformist ( toady ) to suit him, other riders there would not want to 'appear different' at that time, so, NO HARDSHELL HELMETS were to be seen.... except on ME ! -If the Bell helmet was good enough for Ron Skarin = ( he was 'kinda fast'😉 on his Teledyne Titan bicycle ), then it was good enough for me

ABL of A ( Amateur Bicycle League of America ) became the USCF ( United States Cycling Federation ), then became USA Cycling ....League of American Wheelmen was not a racing organizationc

Last edited:
Back