When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold FS: INCREDIBLY RARE PROTOTYPE SCHWINN PREWAR

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
$7500
Zipcode
My Great Grandfather's mother's second cousin on her mother's side worked with Ignaz Schwinn and said there were originally two of these but one was secretly pirated out of the building by a disgruntled employee and was smuggled into Germany to never be seen again.

If you missed out, here's what looks to me to be the same screw. $6000 plus shipping. First PM gets it, unless second PM offers me more money. 1383604

Last edited:
I'd just like to point out something. As the owner of the oldest known (and most prototypey) headbadge screw, I ask; have you all not noticed that the slot in this screw runs left to right? ALL Schwinn slots run right to left. Therefore this is an imposter and, as such, is overpriced by $50.

Laugh all you want. Ignatz Schwinn made his own fasteners, screws, nuts and bolts in his factory, and who does that anymore? You can't buy that sort of dedication at any price anymore because no one sells it! Someday we will look back on this and WISH we could pay that little for something real, lol. We will be being used as flesh-batteries for Elon Musk's Matrix by day and Amazon driverless truck hybrid hard drives by night.

Back