When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FS: Late Teens Mead Motobike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hi Mike,
You could try to clean the seam/ weld. Get it right down to bare metal and see what it really is, goof off will do the trick.
My offer is still good if your interested.
Ivo

Hello,

I bought this motobike several months ago, but because I have purchased a couple other bikes since, I have decided to sell this one (plus I need room in my basement). Based on a thread I started (8-28-2012) under the CABE’s “Antique Bicycles pre-1933” section titled “Help me ID this MOTOBIKE”, this bike appears to be a Mead, possibly a Pathfinder or Crusader, and probably 1918 (you can see numerous photos and comments on this bike in the 8-28-12 thread).

The bike looks fairly original except for the paint, wheels and seat. The bike has been repainted a maroon color many decades ago. The original paint underneath, with black pin striping, looks like Mead brown to me. There are 26” wheels on there now (which I plan to keep to reduce shipping costs). This bike was made for 28” wheels. I think the seat was probably changed in the early 1940s??. The head badge is missing but has a horizontal “hole” pattern for a Mead head badge (i.e. Pathfinder, Crusader, Ranger). This bike has a Fauber crank with really nice Wald pedals. The serial number on the bike is A46404.

Now for the bike’s issues:
1. The left side seatstay is pushed in about 3/16” (see photo). Nothing is kinked so I think it could be re-straightened OK.
2. At 1st I thought this was a weld but upon closer inspection, there appears to be a buckle (at least that's what I think it is because it is covered with the original Mead brown paint and black pin striping) on the downtube about 1 ½” up from the bottom bracket on the left side. Although not very noticeable, the downtube is about 3/16” off from being straight at this point (see photo). Upon closer inspection, the Mead brown paint and some black pinstriping covers the “weld” so it makes me wonder if it may have come from the factory this way??
3. There is a small dent towards the top of the seat tube (see photo).
4. The front tip of the front fender is a little bent, and the rear part of the front fender is pushed out-of-round but I believe could be fixed with some patience.

Here's the Deal:

#1) Price for bike (without 26" wheels which are not correct anyways:( $350.00 shipped
#2) Will trade bike (without 26" wheels which are not correct anyways) for a Delta Battery Can (short) w/ clamps in very nice condition with original paint and you pay actual shipping charge (I plan on shipping FedEx Ground). I'll wait a few days to see if anyone opts for this option before selling outright.
#3) Add $75.00 if you want a very nice dropstand (w/ ears).

I am located near Chicago so if anyone wants to see or buy this bike in person, you can deduct $75.00 for shipping from the total price.

If anyone has any questions…….please ask. If you want any additional photos, please ask. Thanks.
Mike

???? What happened to deducting $75 for local pick-up????

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back