When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold FT: 1940 26" Colson Deluxe Ladies

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Jesse McCauley

McCauley Cycle Works
Putting this up for TOC trade for now - if nothing surfaces in a week or so I'll price it and go in order of those interested.
This bike is super clean and I would prefer not to ship it if possible. I will be attending the Butler swap and can make arrangements.

No particular TOC trade in mind, just something special.

1940 Colson Deluxe Ladies
I believe this is the first year loop tail which is why it was built and billed as a "Deluxe" bike where the standard line is equipped with tank and light but traditional chain & seat stays.

I purchased this bicycle in Flint, it had no tires and later white grips that looked all wrong.
I added the pair of LHR Balloon Tyres and the grips neither of which are likely correct for the model but I believe they are close to if not right on period.

Only other component that I believe has been changed out are the pedals as the catalog reads Torrington 9's, this obviously has a really clean set of streamline Torrington 17's.

No damage to report, light paint wear that would likely clean up as I haven't touched the paint other than to wipe it with linseed oil to stop any of the dry rust.

Pictures tell the rest!
I believe this is a pretty scarce bike, granted if it were in really rough condition and missing a few parts it really wouldn't be much of anything to look at but as it sits it's pretty sexy.
I included a few catalog images courtesy of @37fleetwood and @fordmike65

Please PM any TOC trade ideas directly. Feel free to call or text if you've got my digits, I know they are out there.

Profile1.jpg

Profile2.jpg

Front End.jpg

Saddle shot.jpg

Guard profile.jpg

Torrington 17 closeup.jpg

LHR tire.jpg

Rear hub closeup.jpg

Reflector.jpg

1940 Catalog Deluxe Series1.jpg

1940 Catalog Deluxe Series2.jpg

Streamlined Pedals ad.jpg