When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold FT: 1940 26" Colson Deluxe Ladies

-
Nah this thing never had a tank as you can see per catalog, seems sorta silly to make a "fantasy bike" out of such a clean original.

It sure is funny how disabling "trade" is for most, as if putting it up for trade is doing a dis-service or something?
Personally I like trade, its one of those situations when you can ask yourself what something is worth TO YOU and not what "its worth."

I would prefer not to ship this bike, having broken it down to the point of adding the tires I know I don't want to put this bike in a box without scratching the poop out of it.
That said, I can deliver it to the Butler, PA swap or others depending on schedule and availability.

I'll Bump it for $1,000 NOT accounting for shipping and packing.
If that becomes a necessity we can talk options.

It sure is funny how disabling "trade" is for most, as if putting it up for trade is doing a dis-service or something?
Personally I like trade, its one of those situations when you can ask yourself what something is worth TO YOU and not what "its worth."

I admire your tactic but realistically it knocks most balloon tire people out of the running; most do not have tasty "special" TOC material laying around. Mine has all been previously traded, pawned, or sold to acquire Huffmans. It is kind of like going ice fishing vs. fly fishing; completely different gear. If I had something I would certainly be throwing it your way for this sweet crumpet.

I admire your tactic but realistically it knocks most balloon tire people out of the running; most do not have tasty "special" TOC material laying around. Mine has all been previously traded, pawned, or sold to acquire Huffmans. It is kind of like going ice fishing vs. fly fishing; completely different gear. If I had something I would certainly be throwing it your way for this sweet crumpet.

You right, I take for granted that I buy things for the purposes of trade. Its a silly habit in a lot of ways but it keeps me learning and growing...and every once in a while trading : )

I have the same ladies looptail bike badged as a Sieberling more or less in which I did give her a fantasy makeoker in adding the tank.
Mine doesn't have the streamlined pedal and your seat is a couple grades higher, but does have a prewar winner and fender painted like a Vogue without holes either.
I could not sell her for half of your value and have since sold the stand and saddle.
I keep waiting for the day a nice prewar girls bike will command a decent value, but they have to have transferable parts or VERY deluxe.
I agree with Brants comment but hoping she finds a good home as shes a beauty.
Chris

I have the same ladies looptail bike badged as a Sieberling more or less in which I did give her a fantasy makeoker in adding the tank.
Mine doesn't have the streamlined pedal and your seat is a couple grades higher, but does have a prewar winner and fender painted like a Vogue without holes either.
I could not sell her for half of your value and have since sold the stand and saddle.
I keep waiting for the day a nice prewar girls bike will command a decent value, but they have to have transferable parts or VERY deluxe.
I agree with Brants comment but hoping she finds a good home as shes a beauty.
Chris

Be the change you want to see in the world Chris-
I've got a strong offer on the table that is within spitting distance of my asking, tempting anyway.

I've had a few messages regarding parting out this bike, as I've said to those folks I can't do it.
While as Chris pointed out the saddle and pedals are the most deluxe parts of this bike and bring good money on their own, I can't sacrifice this survivor to make an easier buck, I'm confident someone will step up and own this beauty.

Back