When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FT : Western Flyer Mens Jet Tank

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jesse McCauley

McCauley Cycle Works
Western Flyer w/ Jet Tank, untouched since it was unearthed from a dumpy basement in Richmond, VA.

I believe the parts that are present are original to the bike but I will leave that to the experts to nail down, just ask and I will try and provide more specific pictures of any given component.

Condition issues:
- Dent pictured in the downtube, does not skew geometry of the bike but it took a good womp.
- A couple dents in the non-drive side of the tank, I have not attempted to remove the tank but I'm sure the dents could be brought out by an expert hand.
- Rust! Worst of the rust is not pictured I realize, the "W" on the non-drive side of the fork blade has suffered from rust much worse than the opposite blade pictured, when I get home I will snap a couple more pictures so you get the complete picture.

I would prefer NOT to disassemble and ship this bicycle, I have a lot on my plate and this project will inevitably take a back seat, someone else should give it the attention it deserves.

Ideally I would like to find someone quasi-local to Richmond, VA and I would like to trade for any TOC or early 20th c. parts, accessories, advertising items etc. ALSO very interested in any Richmond, VA oriented bicycle objects, i have an assortment of most of the badges I've seen come out of here but I'm sure there are more to find.
I am planning to purchase a number of those fine new repop Corkaline grips that seem to be hitting the scene hard, also an option.
DSCN3716.jpg
DSCN3717.jpg
DSCN3721.jpg
DSCN3720.jpg

Please feel free to tender any trade offers, if that doesn't pan out I'll try to price it for sale but again, I do not want to break down and ship this behemoth.

Some items I would be interested in trading for if you or someone you know is local enough to make a swap:
- Block chain in any condition
- TOC grips in any condition
- Repop TOC grips
- TOC saddles any condition
- Rat trap pedals in any condition
- 28'' Single Tube tires

Last Bump for this old Jet Tank Western Flyer before I part it out for easy shipping.

Just no room in my stable and I'm afraid it won't come apart easily enough for complete disassembly for shipping as a complete bike. Working with a pretty limited amount of shop time nowadays.

I'm not interested in shipping this bike complete and I've had no local bites.
No trade offers so maybe putting a price on it will make a difference?
$225 local pickup only in Richmond Va

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would be a shame to part it out. If you're going to take it apart anyway, why not put it in one box and sell it complete? Seems like the better option if you're short on time.

Going to take more time to take it all apart & ship all the pieces of it out. Box it up & sell it complete. I am interested.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back