When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuji Special Road Racer...bought for the Belt saddle...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

HARPO

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
OK, first of all I know it's a bottom of the line bike. But I bought it for one reason...the scuffed up Fujita Belt saddle. (Bike is to small for my 6' frame to keep). The front rim isn't original, but the rest of the bike is, and it's in decent shape, looking for a cleaning and a good detailing. Another project to add to a recently growing list. :sweat:

Ah, you say, but what did you pay for this little puppy? Well, considering I'm going to pass it along (sans original saddle), a whole $35. C'mon, even the scuffed up saddle is worth that alone I figured. I'll make some money on it by replacing the seat with one I have, so I figure the Belt will be free, and some money for cleaning it up.

BTW...I'm figuring very early to mid 70's as a year for it.

IMG_3874.jpg

IMG_3875.jpg

IMG_3876.jpg

IMG_3877.jpg

IMG_3878.jpg

IMG_3879.jpg

IMG_3880.jpg

IMG_3881.jpg

IMG_3884.jpg

IMG_3885.jpg

-----

Thanks for sharing this new arrival!

That Nitto I-beam stem is a fun item.

Belt saddles come from Fujita. This catalogue page may help you to identify the model -

2euim9i.jpg

Full catalogue here -

http://cyclespeugeot.web.fc2.com/reminiscence/fujita65.htm

There were also Belt brand saddle pillars. Their design was similar to Simplex. Sorry, no image.

Dating -

the cycle's Sugino crank arms will be marked with a date code on the back side. decoder ring here -

http://www.vintage-trek.com/component_dates.htm#sugino

your closeup image of the rear Ukai rim looks to have a date marking of 74.

-----

-----

Front Shimano hubbed wheel must be a replacement since balance of fittings are all from the Maeda-Sugino, etc keiretsu.

-----

I got a Fuji a while back did the same thing I got it for the Belt leather saddle they are getting harder to find in good shape. I sold the bike and stashed the saddle and now that I think of it I pretty much hoard any old leather saddles.

-----

Front Shimano hubbed wheel must be a replacement since balance of fittings are all from the Maeda-Sugino, etc keiretsu.

-----

Hi Roger

Yes, I knew this going in as I immediately saw that the front rim was chrome. All else seems original with exception of the top tube cable guides. They're plastic, and I believe that I have a few in one of my stashes.

Thanks again for all the additional info...AS USUAL, lol!

that is not anything close to a bottom of the line bike.

Yes, I now realize that. In my haste to go and get the bike from Craigslist here on Long Island and take photos, I thought it was a Fuji Sports Tourer. Duh! Seems like I really did well on this. And I might even have a UKAI front rim to match the rear original. Another reason I tend to keep every part I can.

The hoods are dried as toast and I'll be replacing new handlebar tape on it. And the work begins!!

@juvela A look at the bicycle registration sticker at the bottom shows DADE COUNTY...so apparently it was originally purchased in Florida and traveled North. Lol, usually that's the opposite here!!!

Back