When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuji Special Road Racer...yes, another one!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

HARPO

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Like the song by Whitesnake "Here I Go Again"...I found yet another one early this morning.
IMG_6164.jpg

IMG_6165.jpg

IMG_6166.jpg

IMG_6167.jpg

IMG_6168.jpg

IMG_6169.jpg

IMG_6170.jpg

IMG_6171.jpg

IMG_6172.jpg

IMG_6173.jpg

IMG_6174.jpg

IMG_6175.jpg

IMG_6176.jpg

IMG_6177.jpg

This makes number three, the second with the Belt saddle still attached. :)

My size frame (the other two weren't), but this to will be passed along when I'm done (though I might be hanging on to the saddle). Condition is as shown...worn but original EXCEPT for the replaced front wheel.

I still need to look closer at it, I know it needs a lot of work, but the guy was firm on his price and I didn't argue...$50...which is close to what the belt saddle alone is worth.

So once again the Bike Magnet strikes...even though its been quite a few weeks!

Last edited:
------

Well, you once again need to switch on that that electric Fuji dealer sign I sent! :smiley:

Left crank arm dust cover hath gone walkabout! You definitely should get a refund. :persevere:

Chainset date codes indicate manufacture in July & August of 1971 so likely a 1972 model.

See that once again we have the toothed lock washer arrangement on the bottom bracket.

-----

Last edited:
------

Well, you once again need to switch not that that electric Fuji dealer sign I sent! :smiley:

Left crank arm dust cover hath gone walkabout! You definitely should get a refund. :persevere:

Chainset date codes indicate manufacture in July & August of 1971 so likely a 1972 model.

See that once again we have the toothed lock washer arrangement on the bottom bracket.

-----

Thanks, as usual, for your updates and info Roger. ALWAYS appreciated!

Detailing is coming along nicely, with the paint being in incredible condition for a bike this old. Leather saddle is very pliable and took quite nicely to a conditioning, As I stated earlier, this will remain with me when the bike goes to its new owner.

-----

Speaking of detailing, there is a question I have been wanting to ask you anent.

In cases where a frame exhibits decalcomania transfers the carrier film if ofttimes yellowed.

Have you found polishes than can take out the jaundice without damaging the transfers?

---

Your usual outstanding job with the imagini BTW. :smiley:

-----

It depends upon makeup of the transfer from different bicycle companies.

I've had some that are not going to be anything except what they are. But what I do use on all just to test (after a good cleaning) is Turtle Wax Polishing Compound gently applied. Sometimes just Meguiars Polish. I do get lucky a lot though, lol.

ALL of the bikes I do go through a 4-Step process. Rubbing Compound...Polishing Compound...Polish...Wax. I just to see the bikes as clean as my cars.
I also have a collection of die-cast metal cars, ranging in sizes 1/24...1/12...and 1/18 scale. In all, almost 300 that I used to purchase over the years. Every single one has been waxed. Apparently the only loose screws are in my head...:tonguewink:

-----

Thanks so much for the response HARPO.

Your detailing expertise appreciated here. ;)

Question regarding the sacred mountain -

In the image below it looks like there may have been fire/smoke damage.

Realise that this is likely just a combination of corrosion and doyt.

It chances to give the appearance o' fyre damage...

Fuji S10-S, red, '72 b)    .jpg

-----

-----

Thanks so much for the response HARPO.

Your detailing expertise appreciated here. ;)

Question regarding the sacred mountain -

In the image below it looks like there may have been fire/smoke damage.

Realise that this is likely just a combination of corrosion and doyt.

It chances to give the appearance o' fyre damage...

View attachment 1018312

-----

Nope. No fire. Just years of grime buildup.:p

IMG_6178.jpg

IMG_6179.jpg

I wonder if someone “recycled” used motor oil by putting on bike mechanicals. The dark area look like carbon from combustion but there is no associated damage (melted cable housing)....
nice bike Harpo! That is a lovely saddle. The shifters remind me of Simplex; very nice. You mentioned bike appears used but I think instead it’s mostly dirt that gives that appearance, again from what appears liberally applied oil/lubricants that attracted the dirt (I only wish the POs of my recent bikes did this since alternative is sometimes rust).
How do you clean and lubricate your freewheels? Do you remove or leave in place? Same question for derailleurs.

it takes me months to turn something around but it’s like you have and assembly line over there!

it takes me months to turn something around but it’s like you have and assembly line over there!

-----

+1 :yum:

Great work and he turns 'em right around, then its on to the next. :D

When he has the sacred mountain completed he'll be able to celebrate with a good solid belt.

-----

Last edited:
I wonder if someone “recycled” used motor oil by putting on bike mechanicals. The dark area look like carbon from combustion but there is no associated damage (melted cable housing)....
nice bike Harpo! That is a lovely saddle. The shifters remind me of Simplex; very nice. You mentioned bike appears used but I think instead it’s mostly dirt that gives that appearance, again from what appears liberally applied oil/lubricants that attracted the dirt (I only wish the POs of my recent bikes did this since alternative is sometimes rust).
How do you clean and lubricate your freewheels? Do you remove or leave in place? Same question for derailleurs.

I just use WD-40 on the freewheels and derailleurs to clean and lubricate. Been doing it that way for years.

Bike is almost done. More detailing in crevices to be worked on, but otherwise completed...and I'm keeping the Belt saddle, lol. I have an extra regular type I'll place on for the next owner.

IMG_6181.jpg

IMG_6182.jpg

IMG_6183.jpg

IMG_6184.jpg

IMG_6185.jpg

IMG_6186.jpg

IMG_6187.jpg

Back