When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuji Special Road Racer...yes, another one!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I thought about making a run for that myself.. CL (Jericho). It was too far a drive, and then there is the bridge and tolls. Now, however, I am able to enjoy it vicariously! Plus, no storage space required! And, I am not getting yelled at for filling up that storage space! Thanks, Harpo.

I thought about making a run for that myself.. CL (Jericho). It was too far a drive, and then there is the bridge and tolls. Now, however, I am able to enjoy it vicariously! Plus, no storage space required! And, I am not getting yelled at for filling up that storage space! Thanks, Harpo.

And now it's gone to another owner! Have to keep passing some along so I don't get yelled at, lol!

Hey folks,

I believe this is a 74(?) That i just picked up today. Looks to be pretty good overall. Obviously it needs a period or at least style correct saddle. There is a kickstand on it, were those original? And yes the lamp and generator work and are coming off. Frame has some scraping down to metal. Pretty excited to clean it up and put some miles on it.

20210116_143148.jpg

20210116_143139.jpg

20210116_143129.jpg

Hey folks,

I believe this is a 74(?) That i just picked up today. Looks to be pretty good overall. Obviously it needs a period or at least style correct saddle. There is a kickstand on it, were those original? And yes the lamp and generator work and are coming off. Frame has some scraping down to metal. Pretty excited to clean it up and put some miles on it.

View attachment 1340237

View attachment 1340238

View attachment 1340240
-----

thank you for sharing this example GwGorham and welcome to the forum! ;)

Nitto I-beam stem a fun item

this lug pattern inspired by the Prugnat model 62/d and comes from Eisho

fork looks to be an off-the-shelf item from Tange, original to bicycle, not a replacement but not produced by Fuji

original saddle was likely a Belt brand conventional leather one

front wheel a replacement & below quality of original

they did not come with prop stands so the one on there is a post-manufacture addition, from what can be seen of it appears to be either an ESGE (DE) or the Greenfield (USA) copy thereof

---

dating:

looks like it may be a whisker earlier than '74; you should find a date code mark on the backside of the Sugino Maxy crank arms (the 171 marking is their length in mm), there may also be one on the end of the Nitto bar

date mark decoder ring is here:

-----

Last edited:
What a bike magnet! Are you forced to hang them in trees yet?

Lol! I buy some, I sell some. It's what feeds the Addiction and allows me to keep purchasing. :tonguewink:

Can't keep them all, as they say, but at least I can say that I've had certain ones for a while! ;)

-----

thank you for sharing this example GwGorham and welcome to the forum! ;)

Nitto I-beam stem a fun item

this lug pattern inspired by the Prugnat model 62/d and comes from Eisho

fork looks to be an off-the-shelf item from Tange, original to bicycle, not a replacement but not produced by Fuji

original saddle was likely a Belt brand conventional leather one

front wheel a replacement & below quality of original

they did not come with prop stands so the one on there is a post-manufacture addition, from what can be seen of it appears to be either an ESGE (DE) or the Greenfield (USA) copy thereof

---

dating:

looks like it may be a whisker earlier than '74; you should find a date code mark on the backside of the Sugino Maxy crank arms (the 171 marking is their length in mm), there may also be one on the end of the Nitto bar

date mark decoder ring is here:

-----
Thanks! I will without a doubt be replacing the rims with proper ones when I find them. Also I just got ahold of a gorgeous Belt saddle for it. Now I need to get my hands on a stock seat post
20210301_155929.jpg

-----

There was a period in the 1970's when Fuji bicycles were badged as Campania brand by a company based in Van Nuys, California.

Here is a forum discussion thread on a Fuji S10-S transferred as a Campania -

there was a period of about one and one half years where some assembly on the Campania badged machines was performed at the facility in Van Nuys.

the firm also sold a higher model of Fuji which they termed the Professional:

-----

Back