When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Funky or Normal?

-

saladshooter

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Howdy

Was checking out dad's bikes last weekend and he has one he'd like more information on. It's pretty funky, or maybe it's normal for the time.

Any information appreciated.

Thanks
Chad
IMG_20180511_184828.jpg
IMG_20180511_184838.jpg
IMG_20180511_184844.jpg
IMG_20180511_184938.jpg
IMG_20180511_184949.jpg

Early to mid 60's Murray and I have no idea what model. Seat was added. Same style frame as the Murray built Sears Flightliner and Spaceliner.

Howdy

Was checking out dad's bikes last weekend and he has one he'd like more information on. It's pretty funky, or maybe it's normal for the time.

Any information appreciated.

Thanks
Chad
EDITED COMMENTS: Initially, what I thought you had was a Western Flyer Cosmic Flyer, just like the one in this first picture, circa around 1966. Photo credit: Cabe member 'wrongway'. Upon closer inspection I noticed the small blade attachment on your front fender, your rear reflector, and the decals on your forks don't match a Cosmic Flyer.

The correct identity of your bike is an Otasco Flying O. They were built by Murray for Otasco (Oklahoma Tire and Safety Company). Take a close look at yours and see if the identifying features in the other pictures of a Flying O match yours.

full?d=1453332166.jpg

Otasco1.jpg

Otasco2.jpg

Otasco3.jpg

Otasco4.jpg

Last edited:
Back