When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Future Project Le Tour

-

marching_out

Finally riding a big boys bike
So I bought this '82 LeTour for $10 roughly three years ago and its been hanging in my garage ever since. The tires were rotted and I've never got the chance to ride it. I just bought new tires for another bike and thought I'd throw them on this to test it out...it rides fantastic. My plan was to turn this into a nice cruiser and not worry about correct parts. I picked up the seat at Memory Lane because I consider it to be the most comfortable Schwinn seat. I've got some Schwinn comfort grips I'm going to put on and replace the gray cables with red. I'm debating on classic gumwalls or red wall tires. My question is this...are the bars correct? I'm pretty sure the stem is correct but the bars look like their brushed aluminum and don't seem correct to me. What does everyone think about the bars? Are they original to the bike?

IMG_2544.JPG

IMG_2541.JPG

IMG_2543.JPG

IMG_2541.JPG

IMG_2542.JPG

Back