When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G4 STINGRAY PROJECT

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Preview

B107FCD4-5144-49C4-8009-BF61BDF3917C.png

What is the paint code for the frame you are having painted Stoney?
I don’t have a color code. The color is called Opal. It was the color used from early ‘64 to early ‘65. Then they started with the darker violet for later ‘65-‘66. The guy that paints my bikes is a long time painter and he developed his own formula.

Got it. I was hoping he had a mix code or something.There’s a lot of people that would like to get the early opal color available to restore their bikes since the only one now commonly found is the darker, later lavender color.

I don’t have a color code. The color is called Opal. It was the color used from early ‘64 to early ‘65. Then they started with the darker violet for later ‘65-‘66. The guy that paints my bikes is a long time painter and he developed his own formula.
Got it. I was hoping he had a mix code or something.There’s a lot of people that would like to get the early opal color available to restore their bikes since the only one now commonly found is the darker, later lavender color.
Maybe he could mix up a batch and ship it to you. If that is even possible.

@stoney is it even possible to make up a quart and ship or once it is mixed does it immediately have to be used? Just wondering because that is a real nice match and seems someone is always looking for it.

I guess that's my point as Coaster says, it would be nice to have a formula or source for this paint outside of the typical sources. I find it crazy after all the years I've been doing this that no one has cracked the code on this paint and this match looks amazing so why not share? Paying for a quart is fine too.

no one has cracked the code on this paint
I think a big part is the make up of the paints have changed so much. You can no longer get the same products used back in the day. It is all done by eye now and Stoney's guy seems to have an eye for it. I would hope he has some formulas for the other colors as well.

Back