When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G519 5 seat tandem

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Mercian

I live for the CABE
Hi All,

Another model of G519 to collect (-:

1606837148077.png

Detail from Getty Image: https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detai...seater-cycle-news-photo/3432934?adppopup=true

Photo taken on 19th May 1944, the five servicemen are from the US Army Service Corps. They seem to have cut up a G519 to make the tandem, or perhaps used spares?

The A435 is a road in the English Midlands, south of Birmingham, north of Evesham. I come from that way, but don't recognise the village.

On reflection, the signpost surprises me a little, as most were taken down early in the war as part of the anti invasion measures. I guess by mid 1944 this was considered less of a problem.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Last edited:
And I've just turned up another picture, and some more details...

1606844983377.png

Detail from Photo by © Hulton-Deutsch Collection/CORBIS/Corbis via Getty Images: https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detai...he-problem-news-photo/646314404?adppopup=true

The original caption read:

Americans at a West Country depot have solved the problem of after duty transport to the nearest town and country tours in the manner shown in the picture. The five seater cycle was made by two of the men in their spare time from an ordinary "G.I" cycle. The five seater is by no means a freak and handles extremely well on corners or in traffic, and owing to the high man power, has a remarkable performance on hills.

Best Regards,

Adrian

I imagine they would fly up hills on that! Great photos!

And I've just turned up another picture, and some more details...

View attachment 1310137
Detail from Photo by © Hulton-Deutsch Collection/CORBIS/Corbis via Getty Images: https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detai...he-problem-news-photo/646314404?adppopup=true

The original caption read:

Americans at a West Country depot have solved the problem of after duty transport to the nearest town and country tours in the manner shown in the picture. The five seater cycle was made by two of the men in their spare time from an ordinary "G.I" cycle. The five seater is by no means a freak and handles extremely well on corners or in traffic, and owing to the high man power, has a remarkable performance on hills.

Best Regards,

Adrian

I only see one coaster brake for stopping all that weight....Yikes!!! Downhill would be a real thrill ride!!!

Hello Johan;
Yes indeed, the rear fender is a long Huffman.
I noticed that on the Huffman from 42, there were long rear fenders and that in the year 43, there were long ones but also short ones like ours.
Regards;
Serge

Back