When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G519 COLUMBIA MG 14197A

-
Hello Serge,

I'm currently building a G519 Tribute bike (using a '41 Columbia frame). Just curious as to what type of finish you used on your headset bearing cups as well as your BB bearing cups. I've heard either parkerizing or black chrome is the proper finish. I'm contemplating on just having them powder coated in either gloss or semi-gloss black. Any suggestions / recommendations? Also what about the finish on your seat post? Thanks, I'm totally inspired by your posts and pics -- you're making great progress!

Regards,
Bob

Hello Bob;
Thank you for your interest
The original bearings were too damaged, i found at a friend on the forum a complete black tan disassembly kit (left set). The 2 washers of bottom have repainted in black satin.
On my M306, the original bearing are superbly clean (right set), the headset bearing cups have been repainted in black satin, the BB bearing cups are parkerizing very clean of origin, the 2 washers of bottom are in black tan of origin.
20190516_202109.jpg

The original seatpost is parkerizing in matte black as well as the clamping bolt.
Hoping this can help you.
At the news in your restoration.
Regards;
Serge

Hi Serge. I’m also putting together a tribute build and I have to say that your attention to detail is most impressive. I previously had no intention of disassembling the pedals to repaint, but now I know I must do this detail. Keep up the amazing work.
Best regards,
PETE

Hi Serge,
Very nice work! Are you planning to use the correct Roman style back-plates for wood block pedals or stay with the Gothic style back-plates used for rubber blocks. It appears in you pictures that the bike originally had the Roman style, however you appear to be restoring, for use, the Gothic style?

Regards,
Bill

Hello Bill;
Thank you for your interest.
Ijust leaned by looking at your post on the pedal back-plates of G519.
I did not know this model TORRINGTON #8 and surprised to see them on my M306.
you'r right, these are Roman style, i just look at my pcture and find the rest of the original pedal.
They will be taken and restored in Roman style.
20190527_185108.jpg

20190527_185138.jpg

Thank;
Regards;
Serge

Wonderful! I am sure with your ability that you can restore the original correct back-plates. Most happy that I could help.

Regards,
Bill

Re;
That's the goal of the game and that's how i see the restoration for me and the collection, whateverit is! ;)
Regards;
Serge

Back