When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G519 Columbia on Facebook

-
Hi All,

to add just a little.

From observation, straight downtube Columbia G519's start at around June 1942, and run through to the end of production in February 1944.

If the 'Coffin' chainwheel is correct, then it would either be between June 1942 and March 1943, or January to February 1944.

It looks nice. If someone here does buy it, please share details.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Hi Adrian,
On the topic of chainwheels.
I see you've noted the 'coffin' style began second quarter (June) 1942 and ran until mid-
first quarter (March) 1943, or first quarter (January to February) 1944.
Which chainwheel would be most correct for a first quarter (January) 1942 Columbia?
Thank you.

Hi Pete, @DaGasMan

Sorry, it was probably badly phrased.

The Coffin style ran through from the MF types late 1941, to around March 1943. The first MF recorded has a Sweetheart ring, but I think it's a replacement.

So a Q1 1942 would be a Coffin style.

My latest listing is at post 41 here: https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/westfield-columbia-g519-frame-numbers.101109/page-5

Best Regards,

Adrian
Got it. As always you are quite the man among knowledgeable men. If ever you consider writing a book
on the topic of G519s I would like an autographed copy of the first printing. 😉 Thank you sir.

Back