G519 Columbia Westfield front hub

• Regarding bumping ads in the classifed forums, we've just installed a new (customized) add-on that will change the way ads are bumped to the top. Please refer to the post "Bumping Classifed Ads" for details.
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

US042

Look Ma, No Hands!
Dec 21, 2016
Como, Australia
Hi Everyone,
I am in the slow process of restoring a 1943 Westfield Columbia. I have recently completed re lacing the drop center rim and have turned my attention to the hub center. Would anyone have a picture or pdf schematic of the hub components. I am seeking enough information in order to purchase the correct components as it appears my hub has be changed out prior to me purchasing the bike. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brett.

20200119_193305.jpg

20200121_165431.jpg

US042

Look Ma, No Hands!
Dec 21, 2016
Como, Australia
Hi,
I did a little looking and found this (see picture). Would this be correct?. The axle shaft looks a little long - would anyone know what the correct diameter/length is?.
Thanks,
Brett.

s-l500.jpg

s-l500 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: blackcat

johan willaert

Finally riding a big boys bike
Feb 5, 2013
Bruges, Belgium
www.theliberator.be
Below Original 1942 Huffman G519 front axle parts from one of my bicycles and what you should be looking for!
The axle can actually be take out without loosening the bearings

D50546-17Mar14 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: US042

Goldslinger

Look Ma, No Hands!
Sep 24, 2018
Warren Pa
The picture in red is from eBay that seller has the correct floating kit for $60. Search eclipse front hub. It will pop up.

US042

Look Ma, No Hands!
Dec 21, 2016
Como, Australia
Hi Johan,
Thanks for the reply. So just to clarify - the picture you posted is what I should be looking for and my picture(red background) are Huffman parts?.

Thanks&regards,
Brett.

blackcat

Apr 4, 2017
Le Raincy, France
Below Original 1942 Huffman G519 front axle parts from one of my bicycles and what you should be looking for!
The axle can actually be take out without loosening the bearings

D50546-17Mar14 (2).jpg
Hello;
To confirm Johan's photo, on the ORD 7-8 SNL G519

Regards;
Serge

Reactions: New Mexico Brant

US042

Look Ma, No Hands!
Dec 21, 2016
Como, Australia
Hi Johan, Serge, and Goldslinger,
Many thanks to you all for your replies. Awesome information guy's and thanks Serge for the pictures. That clarifies exactly what I am after.

Johan - in your picture: Is the right side Cone(K6) still mounted on the Quill(K3)?. I am guessing it is and it threw me a bit.

Serge: Are your pictures taken from a reproduction parts manual (I assume an original is nigh impossible to get) and if so can you please tell me where you got yours from or who makes them?.

Many thanks again everyone,
Regards,
Brett.

Reactions: blackcat

US042

Look Ma, No Hands!
Dec 21, 2016
Como, Australia
Hi Goldslinger,
Many thanks for the pictures/tip. I did a search on that seller and that particular set must have sold as I can not see a listing for it. Do you by chance have the Ebay item number? Thanks again.

Regards,
Brett.

This ad goes away when you register for an account!

Goldslinger

Look Ma, No Hands!
Sep 24, 2018
Warren Pa
It says not available and no #. Pm the seller and tell what you are looking for . I pm’d him a while back and he said he would list another set for me. I had a axle and nuts . I bought just the cones, bearings and axle tube.

Mercian

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Jul 1, 2016
France
Serge: Are your pictures taken from a reproduction parts manual (I assume an original is nigh impossible to get) and if so can you please tell me where you got yours from or who makes them?.
Hi Brett.

yes, original manuals are difficult to get, but there are reprints. Try here:

Best Regards,

Adrian

US042

Look Ma, No Hands!
Dec 21, 2016
Como, Australia
Hi Goldslinger/Adrian,
Many thanks for the replies. I have sent a PM to the seller but have not received a response as yet.
Adrian - Thank you for the link. I have placed an order and can't wait to get my copy. Definately will be a great help.
Many thanks again,
Brett.

DaGasMan

Apr 16, 2019
Long Island
Reactions: Mercian
This ad goes away when you register for an account!