When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G519 Columbia Westfield front hub

-

US042

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hi Everyone,
I am in the slow process of restoring a 1943 Westfield Columbia. I have recently completed re lacing the drop center rim and have turned my attention to the hub center. Would anyone have a picture or pdf schematic of the hub components. I am seeking enough information in order to purchase the correct components as it appears my hub has be changed out prior to me purchasing the bike. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brett.

20200119_193305.jpg

20200121_165431.jpg

Hi,
I did a little looking and found this (see picture). Would this be correct?. The axle shaft looks a little long - would anyone know what the correct diameter/length is?.
Thanks,
Brett.

s-l500.jpg

s-l500 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Below Original 1942 Huffman G519 front axle parts from one of my bicycles and what you should be looking for!
The axle can actually be take out without loosening the bearings

D50546-17Mar14 (2).jpg

Last edited:
The picture in red is from eBay that seller has the correct floating kit for $60. Search eclipse front hub. It will pop up.

Hi Johan,
Thanks for the reply. So just to clarify - the picture you posted is what I should be looking for and my picture(red background) are Huffman parts?.

Thanks&regards,
Brett.

The parts I show are original 36-10 morrow eclipse front hub parts as used on both westfield and huffman G519 models. That is what was used in WW 2

Hi Johan, Serge, and Goldslinger,
Many thanks to you all for your replies. Awesome information guy's and thanks Serge for the pictures. That clarifies exactly what I am after.

Johan - in your picture: Is the right side Cone(K6) still mounted on the Quill(K3)?. I am guessing it is and it threw me a bit.

Serge: Are your pictures taken from a reproduction parts manual (I assume an original is nigh impossible to get) and if so can you please tell me where you got yours from or who makes them?.

Many thanks again everyone,
Regards,
Brett.

Hi Goldslinger,
Many thanks for the pictures/tip. I did a search on that seller and that particular set must have sold as I can not see a listing for it. Do you by chance have the Ebay item number? Thanks again.

Regards,
Brett.

Back