When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G519 Front Axel

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Hi Pete,

pleased it worked. (-:

I've just measured the fork slots on both my Columbia and Dayton, and they are both 3/8 inch. The flat details above came from an axle on a Huffman, which appears to be the original one to it, since the wheel rim is the Huffman non stepped variety.

Maybe it's an early/late thing, Fred? Both my bikes are around August 1943, yours is a lot earlier, and has the fixed truss rod bracket, so the fork could be a slightly different design. What's the fork slot measurement on yours?

Pete, for the hub, I seem to recall (though I can't find it) another tribute bike where this was the case. The owner said that he had no difficulty fitting 10 gauge spokes through 11 gauge holes (I guess not painting them first would help too), so it may be worth trying that.

Best Regards,

Adrian

PS, I also remember someone else drilling one out, and saying it was a heck of a job, I think because the steel is quite hard.

If 10 ga. Spokes will fit the Bendix K 11 ga. hub , then I’m off to the races! Thank you.

Back