When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G519 Ser # 51874

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Hi Fred,

Congratulations on getting your headset apart!

I have use an order of operations that helps me disassemble bikes. I don't know if you did it in this order or not.

When I am beginning to dis-assemble a bike, I start with the headset. While the whole bike is still together, it is easier to get the headset loose. With the bike on the ground, the front wheel between my knees, one hand on the handlebar and one hand on the headset wrench, I loosen the headset. If the bike has already had the front wheel and gooseneck removed it is much harder to get the leverage and control to loosen the headset. If the headset does not loosen, I don't continue dis-assembly. I apply penetrating oil, and walk away and wait. Once the headset is loose, I then remove the pedals and then loosen the gooseneck from the fork while the handlebar is still in place. Once loose, I tighten the gooseneck, remove the handlebar, and then remove the gooseneck.

If you did not do it in this order, try it next time. It helps a lot.

Chris

Hello Chris,

I tried that way first. It gives me good leverage to twist. I filled the entire steering tube with PB blaster. I had the frame upside down and filled the fender hole. Nothing leaked out. It was filled for the entire month!! The wedge and bolt came right apart!! But the nut holding the goose neck was frozen solid.
It is all apart now!! Time to finish cleaning and lubing the headset and to start working on wheels!!!

Fred
Sparta

Sorry about that Yes, The nut on top was frozen solid. The Tapered Threaded nut that rests below it was loose .

Fred
Sparta.

Hello,

Just got my fenders back today. Jeffry Olsen did a fantastic job of rolling them out. If I ever have need for that service again Jeffry is my go to guy!

Fred
Sparta

View attachment 1169596

View attachment 1169597

View attachment 1169598

View attachment 1169599

View attachment 1169600
Hello,

Just got my fenders back today. Jeffry Olsen did a fantastic job of rolling them out. If I ever have need for that service again Jeffry is my go to guy!

Fred
Sparta

View attachment 1169596

View attachment 1169597

View attachment 1169598

View attachment 1169599

View attachment 1169600
Hi Fred, I have fenders that need to be rolled as well and was wondering if you could provide me Jeffrey Olsen's contact info? Thanks, Dan

Hi Fred, I have fenders that need to be rolled as well and was wondering if you could provide me Jeffrey Olsen's contact info? Thanks, Dan
Hello,

I need to look him up again. He is a friend of mine through Facebook and I can't remember his name here.

Fred

Back