When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G519 Ser # 51874

-
This is as far as I know the only correct reflector for WW2 Army issue G519 bikes
Made by WALD

NOSReflectorWALD-GULLY-1.jpg

Hi Fred,

Were you able to determine the date code on the Morrow hub, likely L1 to 4 or M1 to 4?.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Adrian

Hello Adrian,
Not yet. Once I get the rear wheel disassembled I will find out. It have a heavy coat of paint on it.

Fred

Hello,

The bike is coming along. I have still been unable to remove the headset from the bike so it is still getting soaked. Both rims are shot I am still soaking the rear rim and hopefully will be able to save some spokes. I saved 33 out of 36 on the front wheel. I felt good about that. The chain adjusters were rusted into place. I actually got one out and the other broke on me. It is now re moved and I have replacements. I straightened out the chain guard and am getting the fenders rolled. From the pictures that I have seen they look great! The original pedals were shot. The bearing races had grow into the cups It took 2 full days of soaking in evapo-rust just to get them where I could chisel them out.

I now have replacement rims and correct spokes and nipples are coming. I get to learn how to lace and true a wheel now!!!! I have not taken the rear wheel apart yet so I cannot tell you the hub numbers. Some of the insides of the hub were marked and that will be a later post

I have been picking up accessories for the bike in the mean time. I have original grips, light, reflector, bell , repop pump clip and pedals. I am working on an original pump and clip. When I get my tool pouch, I have an oiler, adjustable an air pressure gauge and Morrow tool. The morrow tool is a repop.

Hopefully I can start on the wheels next week.

Fred
Sparta

IMG_0346.JPG

IMG_0347.JPG

IMG_0348.JPG

IMG_0349.JPG

IMG_0350.JPG

IMG_0351.JPG

IMG_0352.JPG

IMG_0353.JPG

IMG_0354.JPG

IMG_0355.JPG