When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G519 Ser # 51874

-
Yup! 51646 is sitting in my livingroom next to her sisters, motorized and not....if you need pictures Fred, just ask!!
I have a spare, restored light that I'd let go. I got that before I had 51646! Not sure if mil or civilian. I can get a pic when it gets light out...

Hello,

Down the road I will be getting back with you chad on some pictures and questions on your bike. At the moment I am packing for the largest Militaria show in the US.

Fred
Sparta

Hello;
I also think that the dogleg crank has been mounted for a very long time which could also explain the mounting of the TORRINGTON "8 pedals of Roman style in wood.
Regards;
Serge
Hi Serge, What do you mean by "Roman Style"? Thanks, Chris

Some light pix for Fred...

Hello,

I couldn't tell you the difference between a repainted pre war civilian and a WWII issue. I am sure a couple on this thread can though!!

Fred
Sparta

I also have the civilian model "Winner" front light but with the embossing on the top and missing the knurled knob on the back end.
The Delta model you mentioned above, with the "Winner" embossing is post-war. Others can chime in but my understanding is the only difference between a pre-war civilian and a WWII issue is the OD paint.

Hello,

I picked up the bike yesterday. I will get some close ups some time today. The license over the head badge is a Des Moines Iowa 1951 License. The rear rim is shot and need to be replaced. Overall it is pretty solid but the fenders will need to be rolled . It has about 2-3 coats of OD paint. I will need to sit down and see if it was a GI job or post war.

Fred

Back