When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G519 Side Stand

-

motobiker46

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hi,
I believe this subject was touched upon in an earlier post on this forum(?) but I can’t seem to find it. Regarding the length of a G519 Westfield-style kick stand, I believe the correct length should be 10” (when measuring just the exposed rod from the housing edge). I just picked one up which is an inch longer (11”) and straighter at the lower end. I think this larger size/style may have been used for another model bike (Compax Paratrooper?), can’t really recall. Anybody have information on this? The stand is mint (below) so I’m debating whether or not I should just shorten it by an inch. Thanks! Bob

Westfield Kick Stand-1.png

Hi Bob,

I can't help (I will be very interested in the answer), but I do have a Compax lacking a stand, should it be correct for those, and you decide to pass it on.

Shortening it seems a pity. But I would say that, and it's yours to do as you wish.

Thanks for your consideration.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Good point, DGMan. Thanks for your advice. The arm of the stand definitely has to have more of a bend/arc on the lower end for clearance, but you’re right, maybe that’s all it will need with no cutting. Not being too familiar with metal work, I assume it will take a good amount of heat to get the desired contour? Measured-out pic below to compare with Serge’s stand. I believe these longer stands were actually used for the Military Compax model. Thanks, Bob

Westfield Kickstand.jpg

Hello Bob;
Your stand is mounted on a bike 28", just heat it to red at 2"1/2 of the bottom with a blowtorch to give it the right curve in 26".
It can also be mounted on a COMPAX but with a frame and 28" wheels.
Regards;
Serge

Back