When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G519?

-
Hello;
If the number matches the frame MG95138 ( J 10- OCT 42), for me, it's a bargain.
It is necessary to find him à new crankset complete and à good kickstand, wich is not insurmontable.
Regards;
Serge

Last edited:
Hi All, Thanks @Freqman1 @Krakatoa

Pictures transferred for reference.

Images courtesy Liveauctioneers
1668070570495.png

1668070654886.png

1668070688894.png

1668070720166.png

1668070742333.png

Description​

WWII ERA COLUMBIA BICYCLE MG95138. RESTORED IN THE 1980s.

MG95138 is a serial number that fits into the known Columbia G519 series, probably with date code J10 (October 1942) and Morrow Hub Code L3 (Q3 1942). It should be a straight bar frame with a 'Coffin' type chainwheel. The frame style is correct, but the chainwheel is wrong. Most other parts look correct.

It might be that the MG number actually uses an inverted W to create the M, several serial numbers close to this one do.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Front fender, bell and rear reflector don't appear to be correct. Easy fix there too.
Tool kit and tire pump, not so easy. But still, man, I wish I could play the game on
this one. Good luck everyone! 😄

So is an inverted W OK for a military contract bike?

If so and the buyer is in CA or the West, maybe he or she will bring it to the Military Motorcycle, Scooter, & Bicycle Showcase planned during a big military vehicle event in April 2023 in Plymouth, CA. Info on the military forum.

So is an inverted W OK for a military contract bike?

If so and the buyer is in CA or the West, maybe he or she will bring it to the Military Motorcycle, Scooter, & Bicycle Showcase planned during a big military vehicle event in April 2023 in Plymouth, CA. Info on the military forum.

Read Mercians post #30.

Back