When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Galaxy flyer year?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
B

Beaverdam

I've recently acquired this Western Flyer, it's a Galaxy Flyer according to the chainguard. Serial # is 6H002103. Anybody know what year it might be? Or what years they were produced?

Sorry about the pic quality, I took it with my cell phone, and probably moved the phone when I clicked it. Also, the color is actually aqua. I know the bars aren't original, but they are pretty cool.

Attachments

• IMAG0013.jpg
    IMAG0013.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 231
It's made by Huffy, probably '66 by the 1st digit of the serial, and H for huffy of course! I believe they were made from the early 60s through the mid 60s at least, some were built by AMF also.

Yup. Western Flyer division at Western Auto never had their own bikes. They had other companies build them for them to rebadge or whatever. AMF Roadmaster, Huffy, CWC (Cleveland Welding Company), Murray, and a few others here and there were the builders. Surprisingly, Schwinn never cashed in on it!

Back