When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gambles Hiawatha date?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Petey Wheatstraw

On Training Wheels
My wife just bought me as a gift a Gambles Hiawatha men's balloon tire cruiser in pretty good shape. Cant upload pics yet due to camera phone issues, but the serial number under the bike reads G4782. Can anyone devise me of the year? BIke is red with blue accents and white pinstripes, some rust but solid and looks complete. There is no gas tank or rack. JUst curious where I can find more info on my new toy. THanks in advance!

We can help but pictures are essential! If that paint scheme is original, it sounds like it may be Shelby built and could be from either side of the second world war. Pictures, and everything you'll ever want to know (and likely more) will be told unto you.

if it has a morrow rear hub it will have a 2 digit code and that will give you some idea

Thanks

I found this pic(first photo) online of a bike almost exactly like mine, except mine does not have the tank and rear rack. Both hubs are New Departure, as is the rear brake. The chainguard is identical and the paint scheme is the same as well. The front sprocket on mine is identical to the one in the first photo as well, and the bike has the front fork braces. Any more info?

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    6.6 KB · Views: 91
  • 3512514196_72eaeacdec_o.jpg
    3512514196_72eaeacdec_o.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Back