When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

garage find crusier

-

spoker

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
gota hungary made crusier this morn,has schwnn classic knobbies,dual knurl chrome rims,has a made in hungary sticker by the the head badge,think the seat and fenders are aftermarket,tires,rims and bike should detail out fine
DSC00069.JPG

DSC00067.JPG

DSC00068.JPG

DSC00066.JPG
69452546_10220547863669891_4973780370257346560_n.jpg

From what I've seen of different Cruisers, I've not seen one come from the factory with fenders nor have I seen one with a black stem and handle bars. You'll probably need to date it then find some original catalog pictures to see what was original.

yes the fenders have screws so they are not og,dont know why the bars and stem r black,seat maby og,i think schwinn was in budapest in 2000somthing,kool schwinn knobbies and double knurl rims

yes the fenders have screws so they are not og,dont know why the bars and stem r black,seat maby og,i think schwinn was in budapest in 2000somthing,kool schwinn knobbies and double knurl rims
From what I've read, Schwinn was in Budapest in the early 1990's, just before the original company went bankrupt. I believe Boulder wound up their dealings with Hungary soon after they took over. Can we get a close-up of the knurling on the rims?

From what I've read, Schwinn was in Budapest in the early 1990's, just before the original company went bankrupt. I believe Boulder wound up their dealings with Hungary soon after they took over. Can we get a close-up of the knurling on the rims?
i did a search on hungary schwinn ans there wa a bigarticle in the new your tines about it,they were sayin about the yr 2000,i couldnt copy and paste it

When I did a search on "Hungary Schwinn" the first thing that popped up was this:
https://www.nytimes.com/1990/03/22/...-is-building-bikes-the-us-way-in-hungary.html
and it's dated March 22, 1990. If Schwinn had any dealings with Hungary in the 2000's, I haven't heard about it, but that doesn't mean it's not possible. From what I've read, when Boulder took over, they didn't even bother to make an offer for Schwinn's share of the Hungarian company. They bought most of their imports from Taiwan. Maybe Pacific did something after Boulder went bankrupt? But I thought all their bikes came from China.

Looks like it's a 1993 model in Black Flake. Schwinn was importing these Cruisers from both Taiwan and Hungary in the early 90's.

Seat is correct, fenders, bars and stem are not.

Back