When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Garage find, hoping to get an idea if value

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Hi, got this bicycle on one of my property removals. When I looked up the serial number the website told me CONGRATS YOU HAVE AN ORIGINAL CHICAGO 1973 Schwinn. I know it's a Sports Tourer. Thanks for any info you can give me.View attachment 1404976
I see value here.. Hubs appear original, and if those chrome spokes clean up decent, wheels are worth about $250. The Brooks Professional saddle is rough, but still at least 40. Freewheel is original and difficult to find...50 minimum. Paint is shot and beyond collectable in its orig condition, but still a sweet frame to build on...50.

Looks like most of not all of the original components are there. It's rough but a diamond to the right person. Chromoly bikes are on a different class than any other Schwinn made. I'd value it at 175-200 easy.

while not a great value in that condition, or even in good condition it looks like a bike that a paint job, new seat and some elbow grease and maybe replace the rusty cranks and chain rings would make into a good bike to ride. I'm sure I am not the only one here who likes to fix things up that are a mess. I do the same thing with old furniture. last dresser I did was in the dirt on a 3 walled building on a pig farm and it looked like it. 10 paint jobs, assorted screws stuck in it to hold it together. it was a mess and I made it pretty. just for fun.
This tends to get forgotten. Remember to have fun. There's an art to knowing when you can get a little nutty with something. Not every project is a masterpiece

Back