When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Garage sale find- 1959 schwinn ?????

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

jcopello

'Lil Knee Scuffer
i bought this at a garage sale yesterday, i ran the serial number and it is a 1959, but unfortunatly it has fallen into the wrong hands and was painted and graffiti'd by the previous owner.

please if anyone has any insight on what model this is it would be very helpful.

what i know/what confuses me

-no tank horn
-no springer front end
-rear tail light piece is made of plastic, not sure if that is normal
-strange bolt on headset looks to be for adjusting the handlebar angle. found this to be strange and havent seen it on others.
-looks to have holes to mount a headlight/cargo rack?
-seat is made in england...no idea the maker or anything about it

20110626_164912_191-1.jpg

20110626_164756_614-1.jpg

20110626_164812_248-1.jpg

20110626_164828_437-1.jpg

20110626_164843_672-1.jpg

20110626_164857_817-1.jpg

lookslike its been pieced together. tankmight not ne og,front fender is highly suspect,rack isaftermarket,as is the seat. frameguard,fork,truss rods might be a schwinn wasp,heavy duty schwinn paperboybike.kk

Nice machine! That looks like a Wright saddle from the 20s or so, made in Birmingham England...look for a very faint oval stamp on the sides of the saddle. It looks like you have enough spokes in the wheels to make a BMX bike !

i do see a oval on the side of the saddle, are these common? and yes i absolutely despise the wheels, those will be one of the first things to go...after the graffiti.

Yours is the first hairpin Wright I have ever seen, I recognized the leather top, I'm not at all sure if the hairpin is original. I see the odd Wright saddle here in Canada, they were used on CCM bicycles.....not too common anymore. Here is what my 1936 Wright saddle looks like.

Attachments

• Saddle 1.jpg
    Saddle 1.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
now that you mention it....yes it is. someone really did some weird things to it apparently. im completely new to vintage bikes so im unsure of what is the "norm" and what isnt, but i figured for $100, i would take my chances

Dawg,That bike is sooooooo ghetto! What hood did ya find it in? I Love it! Strate up G!

Schwinn Run-a-Bouts had that type on handlebar adjuster. Just in parts and pieces, you easily made out okay. This has the makings of a nice bike. Certain people actually like this type of laced wheels and will buy them as you get the right ones. I hate them.

Back