When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Garage sale find- 1959 schwinn ?????

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
i stripped some of the paint off of the bike to see the original color, everything matches so i dont think this was all pieced together, maybe the luggage rack, but i think the bike itself was all together the whole time

20110627_155806_534-1.jpg

20110627_155753_49-1.jpg

anyone have a clue on what model this could be?

I actually don't hate those rims, but I'm tuned into the rat scene also. That tank looks chrome, the decals are on Ebay to fill in the tank graphics to make it into the original style. Re-do the paint on the frame and guard and fenders and keep those rims, it'd look sweet.

does anybody actually paint the tanks anymore? or does everybody pretty much just use the decals from ebay?

Yours is the first hairpin Wright I have ever seen, I recognized the leather top, I'm not at all sure if the hairpin is original.

What makes you so sure its a wright? It looks Brooks to me 100%, that style of triple rail/ twisted spring was a popular design for them for a long long time, still make it even. every bit of hardware i can see is the same as on my brooks.

IMG_0121-1.jpg

20110626_164828_437-1.jpg

IF ya dont want the rims,I'll find a use for em. I might build a Ghetto crawler.

Seat could also be a Brooks I think model B33 heavy duty seat also made in England -- the light housing is off a 60's Schwinn middleweight bike - the plastic housing was chrome that a lot of times wore thin & it had a red reflector with a "S" in the middle -- you can find the reflector on ePAY auction site -- Horn tank is more than likely newer that never had a hole for the horn - & the stem bolt is similar to a Schwinn run-about - but probably a copy since I see letters stamped on the face of it -- rear rack is a generic after market rack -- good bicycle for a hundred bucks -- sell off what you don't like to fund your ideas on this project -- have fun with the new toy -- ride vintage

Back