When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'Garden' bikes.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Skiroule69

Look Ma, No Hands!
Anybody else cringe at the sight of a cool old bike slathered with white house paint, or pink spray paint (tires and all), stuck in a garden? There are a couple near me that desperately need to be liberated! Lol. Not that I'd ever advocate such a thing, but I wonder what they'd think waking up to see the '50s Schwinn in the garden has been swapped with a rusty OCC Stingray or something? I get it, it's theirs to do what they want with it, but still hard to look at! Not only that, but I see lots of very nice bikes on Marketplace being sold as 'Garden bikes'. Noooo!

Anybody else cringe at the sight of a cool old bike slathered with white house paint, or pink spray paint (tires and all), stuck in a garden? There are a couple near me that desperately need to be liberated! Lol. Not that I'd ever advocate such a thing, but I wonder what they'd think waking up to see the '50s Schwinn in the garden has been swapped with a rusty OCC Stingray or something? I get it, it's theirs to do what they want with it, but still hard to look at! Not only that, but I see lots of very nice bikes on Marketplace being sold as 'Garden bikes'. Noooo!
I suppose it depends on your definition of "very nice"?

Nope!
I fricken love it!
25EDBA4E-6397-4E81-BD4F-E4FF8B0582F2.jpeg

Rust, Baby Rust!

I’m right there with ya! Unless it’s a 60s or newer it bothers me a bit. Saved this one earlier this year, just dropped by and asked if they’d sell it. My lucky day.

0A8B2B08-9D33-4C71-A581-76DD4968E7B4.jpeg

I feel your pain!

Years ago I was travelling through northern France, and came across these. Apparently put outside as a celebration to a passing Tour de France stage.

Mrs non-fixie wasn't yet into vintage bikes, and we were travelling in a small two-seater sports car, but otherwise I'd have walked straight into the house and made an offer to rescue them.

Gitane. Note the saddle:
b3b71daa-3e63-45ea-be6a-f1e3f3046649.jpg

A pink Mercier:

b1fdb8a3-eca5-41f3-a00e-9a7c2742c808.jpg

Another Mercier:

3d42a4ff-cb8e-4eb4-a61d-c2906058e781.jpg

The piece de resistance was this France-Loire. Note the gold anodized MAFAC brakes and levers. Worth a small fortune these days.

d0942ef3-0ed5-490e-b994-90514af51b90.jpg

a5204f7a-643a-4f1b-832e-8fe00ad69a87.jpg

Back