When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Garelli Mosquito on a Rudge?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I took the motor completely apart
New bearings, rings gaskets ect
I powder coated all the black parts
I’ve kinda lost interest- maybe I need to find a different bike
The chrome Rudge is maybe a little to rare to modify
What needs to be modified on the Rudge to mount the engine and tank?

Reactions: JLF
There are plenty of English bikes around at reasonable prices. I'd put the engine on another bike, that Rudge is too nice!

I think the Rudge is an appropriate bike. It does not need to be modified and the motor can be removed and the bike put back to original. I had my Mosquito on a Benotto with double top tubes. I lost the bike with the motor in a fire last year...

Coffee in the park this AM, the little Solex really doesn't even bother the wildlife.😃

SUN1.jpg

SUN2.jpg

Even if the frame doesn't need to be modified, I'd be worried about vibration over time. Most of those small engines aren't balanced all that well, although I don't know about this one.

I wouldn't worry at all about vibration, but then I'm not the Tin Man...
I just know from fooling with motorcycles that vibration can make things fatigue and crack over time. But it depends on how smooth the motor is. Some of those old motorcycle engines needed a stiff, heavy frame to absorb the vibration. On the other hand, electric motors are usually very smooth.

It's not a motorcycle engine, it's 38cc and is a bicycle motor, they are really good motors designed to go on your 1950s Italian bicycle. They sold them as complete bikes too.

Back