When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gateway Coaster visiting Portland

-

Wildcat

On Training Wheels
Greetings, This is Wildcat form the St. louis area and I am affiliated with the Gateway Coasters out of St. Louis. I am traveling to the Portland Oregon are with four Gateway Coaster riders this week and I was wondering if anyone from the vintage bicycle community would be available to show us the sights or talk vintage bikes this upcoming weekend. I would be happy to reciprocate for anyone that is planning on travel to the St. Louis MO region.

IMG_4776.jpg

I'm going to be out of town.
I do know that there will be an easy 9.5 mile monthly Sunday Parkways ride on Sunday June 25, from 11-4. Great ride through North Portland neighborhoods. Streets will be closed off to car traffic. I've seen lots of rented orange bikes on these rides.
Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 9.20.27 AM.png

Last edited:
If you Get hungry go to "gravy" on north Mississippi street for breakfast. or "fire on the mountain " on Fremont street for lunch and a drink or of you like fish "fish wife " on north Lombard for dinner it's doesn't look like much but the food rocks.
Traffic sucks here but if you like scenery" multnomah falls" of -84 east is awesome. About an hour drive but watch the traffic. The beach is 2hrs away as is the mount hood.

If you Get hungry go to "gravy" on north Mississippi street for breakfast. or "fire on the mountain " on Fremont street for lunch and a drink or of you like fish "fish wife " on north Lombard for dinner it's doesn't look like much but the food rocks.
Traffic sucks here but if you like scenery" multnomah falls" of -84 east is awesome. About an hour drive but watch the traffic. The beach is 2hrs away as is the mount hood.
Sounds like some great options

Back