When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion about old bikes

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

DennisG

On Training Wheels
I have a monark silver king bicycle and am looking for information on it. I have taken it apart and don’t have a picture. It has a single front spring and I can’t find any pictures of this bike to identify it.

I have a monark silver king bicycle and am looking for information on it. I have taken it apart and don’t have a picture. It has a single front spring and I can’t find any pictures of this bike to identify it.
Without a pic we can only guess. A few models had the single spring. Is the bike aluminum or steel? Which way is the spring oriented? vertically? horizontally? Post pics and you'll get help. V/r Shawn

I believe it is horizontal. Have attached a picture of the spring and monark plaque

1E8CAD37-E518-4D0F-AD97-A4D687A73B3B.jpeg

Nope it is vertical. Early 50's bike. Girls? Boys? Should be a metal plate underneath the crank with a serial number which will date the bike. V/r Shawn

Thanks! Wish I could find a picture with original paint. This bike had been painted three times.

Back