When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Generating an idea of price and the silly offers based on ownership price.....

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Don't feel too bad, I have been trying to sell the 1949 Pontiac that I happen to have in the non bicycle classifieds .

I've received two offers to date off a different website; the highest was 25% of my asking price for a running driving car.

Offers are just that; offers

If you feel that the offers are silly....

Put a price on your item followed by this.... "Firm".
Also leave out..."OBO" or "best offers ".

If you feel that the offers are silly....

Put a price on your item followed by this.... "Firm".
Also leave out..."OBO" or "best offers ".

Amazingly on some of my items I do put "firm" and inevitably I'm asked "what's your best price"? The other thing I hate is when the buyer assumes you have to sell something. Whether I eat or not is not dependent on selling anything--that's why I have a day job! V/r Shawn

Amazingly on some of my items I do put "firm" and inevitably I'm asked "what's your best price"? The other thing I hate is when the buyer assumes you have to sell something. Whether I eat or not is not dependent on selling anything--that's why I have a day job! V/r Shawn

"Whats your best price?", I get this all day long. My "best price" as a seller would be 10 to 10,000 times the asking price, that would be best for me. Sellers do not make offers to buyers, unless they have gambling problems, drug habits etc.
Kris

"Whats your best price?", I get this all day long. My "best price" as a seller would be 10 to 10,000 times the asking price, that would be best for me. Sellers do not make offers to buyers, unless they have gambling problems, drug habits etc.
Kris

Reminds me of when I was working in a retail store.
Not a day went by that a "customer" would look at the display case, ask for the
price & then would tell me that he could buy it at another store for less.

Another tactic I use to separate the tire kicker from a serious buyer is when they see the price I have on something e.g. $500 and they ask "what is your best price" I counter with "I'm asking $500 what's your best offer?" V/r Shawn

part the parts

If its money that is in question ,part it out , if you are trying to win friends and influence people deal with the knowitall// wannabes , never take it personal ,everyone is using there own tactics and so called knowledge to get your stuff or they are trying to give you an education, you do not want or need ,. its your stuff do what you want ,its not rare and can be purchased at any venue or online .. this hobby ,addiction ,is for entertainment and fun ,, at least i think it is , i sell parts and bikes all over the world , and you either buy it or you do not ,walter branche ,, velocipede ventures/florida cycle forensics

Whistling Gophers!

Whats that go fer?

$
.........whistle.....

I will not ask for your best price.I may ask for you "cousins price"

Parts are always worth more than the complete. If I'm selling I want to make sure both me and the buyer are happy. I'd take the $600 and make $200 profit any day if it's an easy sell and the buyer is happy with the price. I don't think that's an insulting offer... $100 would be (which is what I'm offering for it...lol. I can pick it up).

Back