When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

German ?- I think

-
J

jwriterman

Does anyone know what I have here? It was picked up in the Pennsylvania Dutch country and belonged to a German family that moved to the USA.

I know factually it sat in the basement of someone's house for about 35 years untouched. It has West German markings on it but nothing definitive . The sprocket is smaller than you standard Schwiwn and the only identifiers are back coaster brake -"Centrix-Made in West Germany", pedals "Made in Germany" Rear tire is a Kenda slick and front tire "Continental Made in Germany."

Now I know the first inclination is to say, ":Hey I think you have a German bike," so let me save you the trouble casue that was my first reaction. No frame markings which would be the key. Thanks for you help ....JAY
German.jpg

This is NOT BMX, it is a Muscle Bike and there is a site deicated to this

www.musclebikeforums.com

I just found something like this, go into General Discussion and look foor "Looky looky what I found". I found a bike a little like this. only blue, shorter sissy bar, and was a 3 speed, oh and very rusty.

German bike

Thanks...for the lead. The forum is down right now for whatever they do, but I will look. So far, no one has come close to identifying it.

Back