When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

German Tanker

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Brian

Finally riding a big boys bike
Ran across this mid/late 50's (?) German made bicycle. It's a HWH "Heidemann-Work Hanover" Rotorjet
Pretty cool bike overall. Good shape with original paint. Everything looks original except possibly the seat? Although I can't really say as I don't know anything about this bike.
How about any of you guys? I'd love some info on this bike. I don't own the bike but easily could without digging very deep in the pockets.
Appreciate some feedback! Thanks!

IMG_2596.JPG

IMG_2597.JPG

Definitely an odd bike in America.If you can get it cheap enough I would go for it.

Sears sold some German/Austrian JC Higgins tank models in the mid 50's.

That paint looks like it's just waiting for a nice polish! Sears had a number of bikes in the 60s that were European made so that's a good guess. You might want to look at a Sears catalog from the late 50s. About 10 years ago someone dumped a 5 speed Styr badged for Sears with all the original paperwork. His dad bought it in 1963.

Collector wise, these are mostly ignored. Still pretty cool though! The main collective that made these was Steyr/Daimler/Puch, who Sears used.

I recently got a Heidemann-Works Hanover (1954) missing the tank. My biggest concern it how to remove the crank arms; no current crank arm pullers will remove them. Has anyone on here had success doing so?

Back