When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Giant GFR...Not Really Vintage Yet...?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

HARPO

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Just picked this up as another project to play with. 🙂 Bike was his sons, and it was collecting saw dust from the shop in his garage for many, many years.

I have no clue as to age, so maybe one of you experts can at least put a date on it for me. Appears all original through the filth, but who knows. SUPER cheap, that's why I figured I would get it. 😇

IMG_6961.jpeg

IMG_6962.jpeg

IMG_6963.jpeg

IMG_6964.jpeg

IMG_6965.jpeg

IMG_6966.jpeg

IMG_6967.jpeg

IMG_6968.jpeg

IMG_6969.jpeg

V-brakes would date it no earlier than the mid to late 90's. I don't seem to remember V-brakes being common before 1997 or so. BMX is not my area, but this bike does not strike me as particularly high-end. The one-piece crank and Chinese made frame/fork will not be desirable to collectors. Much like with vintage mountain bikes, early bikes (70's/80's) from companies like GT, Mongoose, Hutch are sought after. Schwinn Stings also have a following.

If you clean it up, you might be able to turn a small profit on it.

I decided to toss it, lol. After cleaning it, turned out not to be what I thought.

Back