When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gibson AL pedals with no blocks?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Jesse McCauley

McCauley Cycle Works
Has anyone ever seen a catalog pic that refers to a blockless version of Gibson pedals?

f1f397a04dbbc471f7276606d5c40a71.jpg

6d57d57d6b200fd68498bbe4f1fd6c91.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CCM pedals usually found on bikes from the 40's. I had a lot of them over the years. I think they were a cast metal, I never tried a magnet to them. Some referred to them as war time pedals.

Hmmm so I know some Gibson pedals were produced at the CCM factory(s?) and came stock on lots of CCM bikes, think there is a chance these were also Gibson or have you seen reference to them as CCM specific?

All Gibson branded pedals were produced at the CCM factory and so named in honour of the vice president J.W. Gibson. Beyond that, the aluminium "finned" type was made exclusively by CCM for war production. No connection to Gibson...

BTW-the axles in the solid aluminum wartime pedals can be used in the Gibson pedal.

Thank you, for posting that Patent drawing.
I always wondered how you replaced the blocks in those pedals.
Now I can see, that the block has a hollow core allowing it to be squeezed enough to be popped out of the one piece chassis.
Great info!
Now, to find replacement Indian script blocks, and the nerve to try popping one out. Lol!:tearsofjoy:

Back