When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gilmore's Heavy Service head badge wanted

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
1557089292477.png

I was born and grew up in San Diego, CA., I don't remember Gilmore's. Maybe, they went out of business before I was born. The main Schwinn dealer I know of in San Diego is Zumwalt's. Zumwalt's was still in business the last time I drove by them in 2018.

I was born and grew up in San Diego, CA., I don't remember Gilmore's. Maybe, they went out of business before I was born. The main Schwinn dealer I know of in San Diego is Zumwalt's. Zumwalt's was still in business the last time I drove by them in 2018.
Hello, how are you? Gilmore's had three different shops. I have photos of them holding a Schwinn 500 Club member plaque. Zumwalt's is out of business now, I spoke to the owners in 2016. Shirlee (Zumwalt) Geiger and her brother Bob Zumwalt are in their 80's now, but I think Shirlee said her son started a shop named Zumwalt's. Barry

Last edited:
It must have been a few years ago when I drove by Zumwalt's store. It's a printer shop now. There is a small bike shop in Santee, that's run by the grandson of Bob.

Back