When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gilmore's Heavy Service head badge wanted

-
1557089292477.png

I was born and grew up in San Diego, CA., I don't remember Gilmore's. Maybe, they went out of business before I was born. The main Schwinn dealer I know of in San Diego is Zumwalt's. Zumwalt's was still in business the last time I drove by them in 2018.

I was born and grew up in San Diego, CA., I don't remember Gilmore's. Maybe, they went out of business before I was born. The main Schwinn dealer I know of in San Diego is Zumwalt's. Zumwalt's was still in business the last time I drove by them in 2018.
Hello, how are you? Gilmore's had three different shops. I have photos of them holding a Schwinn 500 Club member plaque. Zumwalt's is out of business now, I spoke to the owners in 2016. Shirlee (Zumwalt) Geiger and her brother Bob Zumwalt are in their 80's now, but I think Shirlee said her son started a shop named Zumwalt's. Barry

Last edited:
It must have been a few years ago when I drove by Zumwalt's store. It's a printer shop now. There is a small bike shop in Santee, that's run by the grandson of Bob.

Back