When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Girls luxury liner value

-

Sacket cycle works

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hey guys just curious what the value on one of these fine ladies is. I am purchasing one this weekend and want to make sure I’m getting a decent deal. This is the same color etc however the one I’m getting is a little rusty as it was just pulled out of a barn. I’m not looking for an exact value on the one I’m buying just an approximate.

Thanks for any help.
33E02E0C-7012-492D-AC75-843A003B8F78.jpeg

Estimating on same color etc., little rusty, is somewhat hit-or-miss.
When a 2nd picture is posted, it is often found to be an entirely different make, model, and condition (important).
The headlight, maybe springer fork, and accessories on the girl's blue bike may be where there is most value.

Last edited:
When a 2nd picture is posted, it is often found to be an entirely different make, model, and condition (important).
The headlight and accessories on the girl's blue bike may be where there is most value.

I dig your "handle Archie Sturmer" and also agree on values can be all over the map. A rusty gals bike is not worth much unless it's what you like. Dudes bikes with nice patina are quite popular now, and that's great! At the end of the day any item is only worth what the buyer/seller agree on with some influence on supply and demand.

The headlight, maybe springer fork, and accessories on the girl's blue bike may be where there is most value.
I do know that it is the exact same bike. I may be off by the year because it has a roadmaster badge instead of the “luxury liner” badge. It appears to be slightly rusty in the photos I’ve received and I didn’t want to post the pics I’ve received because people have sniped some bikes out from under me on that condition and I’m not taking that chance again. Anyways, thanks for the info and I’ll post a picture tomorrow when picking it up.

there are some of us out here, who will pay for the ladies.

If other photos of this bike, look as good as this side, I would think you can do better than 250.

There are buyers who appreciate beautiful ladies bicycles.

just saying.

there are some of us out here, who will pay for the ladies.

If other photos of this bike, look as good as this side, I would think you can do better than 250.

There are buyers who appreciate beautiful ladies bicycles.

just saying.

While agreeing with it's only worth what someone will pay, I'd go $250 on that bike (judging from the picture only) and I think my wife would love it. If she didn't, I think I could sell it for a bit more pretty quickley.

Here are the pictures of the bike now that they are in my possession. I had to buy the second bike because the rear wheels had been swapped. And I couldn’t resist the original jeweled grips that are in pretty good shape. As I said the luxury liner is a little rusty but it doesn’t appear that it’s anything an OA bath won’t fix.
86E41122-EF4E-4A84-8C35-B5430732BA9F.jpeg

12340BD3-5261-43C8-9090-0DBB9842C9C0.jpeg

C86ACA5D-75FC-4F26-B04D-F2343E6D7B36.jpeg

3200EDE6-8BAB-4C16-95C0-0800F243886A.jpeg

C8A5042B-B6A7-4821-9589-5AE5644F71D5.jpeg

9E1B1C5D-C013-44E3-9BF4-5C95A169B673.jpeg

The 2nd bike looks to be a more-basic model (no tank or rack) by Snyder Mfg. built Hawthorne for Montgomery Ward.
Both should clean-up very nicely.

The 2nd bike looks to be a more-basic model (no tank or rack) by Snyder Mfg. built Hawthorne for Montgomery Ward.
Both should clean-up very nicely.
Any idea how to get the grips off without destroying them? They are men’s grips with original glass jewels in the ends of them.

Back