When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Girls Spaceliner clean up

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

teisco

Finally riding a big boys bike
I buy girls bikes once in awhile to use for parts,, but when I went to buy this one the story got to me and I think it shall remain as is all together..

The guy said he worked at Sears and bought this new for his daughter to ride..she did not like it so it hung in the barn for all these years...it is not perfect but cleaned up fairly well. I was amazed that the front plastic chrome light cover was good as most are faded and all scratched up..

L1-L.png

L2-L.png

L6-L.png

Wow, that cleaned up nice! Maybe need to chrome the rear reflector but other than that it looks like brand new!

Wow, that cleaned up nice! Maybe need to chrome the rear reflector but other than that it looks like brand new!
Yeah, those always go bad with age...one thing that proved to me that it was stored inside was the battery box for the front light.....it was like new with no corrosion or rust.

Came back from the El Torreon swap meet with a really nice set of chrome middleweight Schwinn fenders except the chrome plating on the plastic housing for that rear reflector had no finish on it, just yellowing plastic. No options for rechroming that I'm aware of.

Came back from the El Torreon swap meet with a really nice set of chrome middleweight Schwinn fenders except the chrome plating on the plastic housing for that rear reflector had no finish on it, just yellowing plastic. No options for rechroming that I'm aware of.

When I was a member of a scale model car builders club years ago I recall guys having plastic parts chromed so I know it's possible though I have not personally had it done to any parts.

https://www.pchrome.com/5-ways-can-turn-plastic-chrome/

https://muellercorp.com/custom-chrome-plastics-and-restoration/

"Came back from the El Torreon swap meet with a really nice set of chrome middleweight Schwinn fenders except the chrome plating on the plastic housing for that rear reflector had no finish on it, just yellowing plastic. No options for rechroming that I'm aware of. "

And it is riveted on.......

Last edited:
"Wow, that cleaned up nice! Maybe need to chrome the rear reflector but other than that it looks like brand new!"

I am checking into the cost of re-chroming it now.......

"Wow, that cleaned up nice! Maybe need to chrome the rear reflector but other than that it looks like brand new!"

I am checking into the cost of re-chroming it now.......

Not sure about chroming plastic but I had success with some delta head light parts recently using Rust-Oleum "Metallic Finish". Not perfect but 95% better, by the way this is metal but is also used on plastic.

-Mike

CBB1A9EC-C207-45FD-95BA-3221F9CE518B.jpeg

5E9378ED-194F-452B-BFBF-C228546F49DE.jpeg

Back