When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Girl's Tanks vs. Boy's Tanks

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

wrongway

I live for the CABE
I thought someone said the tanks aren't interchangeable. Is that correct? What makes that so? Can they be....modified? Can just the chrome bezel be interchangeable?

sounds like you might be speaking of Space and Freightliners? Headlight parts might, but the tanks are different. Most if not all tanks are different because the frames are built different. The MFG's could have made them the same if they only tried a bit harder. Then they might have saved money having only one style tank needed...

I know that Iver Johnson tanks are interchangeable.

image375-1.jpg

image1845-1.jpg

Wow! Iver Johnson was thinking! Guess they just designed the bike around the tank. Yes, I am talking about the Spaceliner style middleweight bikes.

I think Huffy did this as well. I don't about earlier ones but starting in 1964-1969 or 1970 (the last tank style they made at all) might be interchangeable - maybe - I don't know. They are shaped very similar with the exception of which side the emblems were put on. The think the only concern would be the hole for the switch plate if it came with lights or a horn.

Good News!! Sunday I bought a bucket full of parts.....6 chain guards and 4 tanks! One of the tanks looks to have a useable bezel.

Back