When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gnome Rhone

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-
-----

thanks very much for the additional information

pedals are Sheffield Corsa model nr. 655 -

---

here is another head emblem which is sometimes seen. at first glance it appears to represent a flower; actually it represents one of the firm's fourteen cylinder radial aviation engines -

---

catalogue page of 1948 -

---

CEGEDUR produced alloy cottered chainsets -

some models of Gnome Rhone came through with alloy cottered sets. do not immediately recognise the maker of the set on this distaffer. they may be Maxi Plume. there were several french producers of them...

interesting to note the bimetal combination construction here of acier rear triangle and fork paired with dural main tubes

the machine's handgrips are FELT brand, pedal rubbers and brake blocks were some of their other products

---

-----

Last edited:
Very nice!
Normally seen with flattish, 'porteur' style bars for that classic French roadster look.
Looks fabulous.
The forks are usually steel, are they chrome plated. If they are Aluminium that would be very unusual.
Yes steel fork that is chrome plated also the rear triangle is steel .

-----

some examples, such as this 1946 lady's model came through with steering locks similar to the ones fitted to some Peugeot products of the 1940's & 1950's -

file.jpg

[and no, we are not looking at bent pump peg. the pegs on this machine are on the back side of the seat tube as they are with the subject example.]

similar lock arrangement on a Peugeot product -

ing_lock__6ac0599e1f4eaa3e9354669f71f50b665307ff7e.jpg

---

this fellow of 1943 sports the whole shebang: alloy cottered cranks, steering lock, tool cases, lighting system, alloy chain guard with G-R logo & alloy frame saddle. the Lyotard 460D's appear to be later replacements.

-----

Hi Guys,
congratulations Bikejunk for your nice GR bike ; could you please put a better picture of the frame number seen on the rear leg? I read 1867 , or 1887 ? ;
This bike is from mid 1941, phase 1 , which means centrally mounted brakes, no GR branded parts, and number engraved on either wright ou left rear leg
I have made 2 large but yet uncomplete studies about this brand which has produced bikes from end 1940 till end 1952 .
Sorry it's written in french , but I you can read it please have a look here

I'm bupdating permanently my data base , so far 160 bikes documented with pictures and details , so lease send me the ones whatever of GR bike you may encounter ( right, left , front and number pictures is enough)

I'm busy completing the WW2 period of the second study , which will be online in the next weeks .

Back