When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gonna leave mountain bikes in my past!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

mr.cycleplane

Riding my Motorbike
I'm gonna leave mountain bikes in my past. As kids long before the Mt. Tam/repack trail riders made their mark in bike history we stripped our bikes down to a frame-fork-wheels and road the mountain trails or made new ones on our bikes. Were we the true pioneers of the mountain bike craze? Well if you talk with your parents-many did the same thing over 50-60 years ago. I decided to get back into trail riding at age 70. Probably not a great idea for me anyway. I bought a fairly nice mountain bike-3k nowadays isn't much for a decent mountain bike. A couple of close shaves convinced me to give it up. Running over a rattlesnake and it getting tangled up in my bike-a miracle it didn't end up in my back pocket was scare number one. Coming up on a mountain lion on a nearby ridge that spotted me before I spotted him was another lesson of being a lone rider many miles from home. Seeing a few really wild mountain bikers crash their bikes and get all cut up (again-many miles from civilization). Didn't look healthy to me and I'm not in great shape to begin with. I actually thought getting into mountain biking would get me back into shape-looks like more salads are on the menu. Sold my mountain bike-and actually got all my money back after a couple years as there seems to be a shortage. I'm closing my chapter on mountain biking! All the best to those that continue in this venture!

I’m not 70 years old , but could not imagine getting hurt really bad at that age and recovering 100% . I’m fortunate to have 5 park ways that can take me as far as I can imagine. Even so I have deer jump in front of me . I see a lot of wild animals , they are beautiful but I keep my distance especially wild pigs . Just last week I ran over a snake that was crossing the path , I didn’t see him cause of all the leaves. There’s trails here for mountain riders that cross the path as I’m moving along and I got to watch for them cause they are coming fast. More than once I’ve seen them almost wipe out a group of people just walking along the path. I would say always wear a helmet and be careful.
Every one Enjoy the Ride!

I too have started to hang up the MTBing lately...I have some freakin' killer mountain bikes, & an amazingly technical trail real close to the house, but Arthritis & previous injuries are catching up with me. My body has been through the ringer & at 51 I'm feeling it more & more.
I will probably keep a few of my mountain bikes, like all 3 Yetis & the Homegrowns, but have contemplated selling off a few... like this one...

I'm not sure though...I really like my MTB's!
Sounds like you made the right choice, though! Mountain Lions aint no joke!

I’m not 70 years old , but could not imagine getting hurt really bad at that age and recovering 100% . I’m fortunate to have 5 park ways that can take me as far as I can imagine. Even so I have deer jump in front of me . I see a lot of wild animals , they are beautiful but I keep my distance especially wild pigs . Just last week I ran over a snake that was crossing the path , I didn’t see him cause of all the leaves. There’s trails here for mountain riders that cross the path as I’m moving along and I got to watch for them cause they are coming fast. More than once I’ve seen them almost wipe out a group of people just walking along the path. I would say always wear a helmet and be careful.
Every one Enjoy the Ride!
Mountain bike riders come across the paths , I’ve even seen wild pigs . They look like BQ smokers with legs .

7C64F27A-D68D-475C-BEDE-87798B9741AB.jpeg

I'm closing my chapter on mountain biking! All the best to those that continue in this venture
Thanks and all the best to you too! It's a blessing to be riding into 70s and beyond. Someday I want to be OMaR (Old Man Riding) of my local trails.
Many years ago I did mtb ministry, thought I'd share this devotional with you and CABE mtb riders.

Wise choice @mr.cycleplane. I'm not too far behind you in age and it seems things I used to do with no worries or thought is getting harder to do, and with more risk. Playing it safe and cutting down the risk is what us old farts have to consider in just about anything we do throughout the day! And all the old sayings come into play in our later years, better safe than sorry!

Back