When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good Buy on Girls Phantom

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I'd ride that!

s-l500.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Good morning Caber’s!
I have been noticing a shift happening here towards more “girl bike” building. These bikes that many of us “old guys” call “girl bikes”are now simply called step through frames. The gender associated monicker no longer applies. Many of the younger generation are choosing these! I am currently building a “step through frame” for a buddy of mine. He’s so stoked to be getting this and can’t hardly wait to ride it!

F7639C48-CA6C-43A9-B5D7-02268F567D86.jpeg

interesting to note...the bike has the Bottle cap (panther/hornet) style pedals, not AS big block
or Torrington etc. Just goes to show they used what ever was available at the time from time to time....

Why do girls bikes have no top bar and boys do ? Seems it should be the opposite ? Pretty sure Ive smashed the family jewels more than once ? 💎💎
If it were opposite there would be a whole lot of folded up step thru's!
Not as bad as smashing the jewels on the stem as you are flying over the handlebars...........Yeeeeoooooowwwwzzzzzeerrrr..!!!
And a lot more of this!

In my twenties was hit intestinally by an axxhole in a truck while riding on the Gettysburg battlefield. I considered myself lucky to escape with no injuries, and gave up bike riding.

Thirty years later our county opened a rail trail and I got the urge to ride again when I saw what looked to be an almost brand new bike in the trash. I had played a lot of basketball in the ensuing years and was still in great shape but after a number of ankle sprains and other minor injuries my 56 year old body said, "You keep this up and you'll be sorry!"

So a quick U-turn and five minutes later I was the proud owner of a Murray built USA made K-Mart (that's K-Mart NOT China Mart which I abhor in the nth degree) All Star 3 speed "girls" bike.

Rode that All Star for quite some time but I couldn't keep up with friends who had "lightweight" Varsitys but fate intervened when I saw a Huffy road bike in the garbage. I think that bike weighed just shy of 100 pounds and had a saddle made of concrete, sand paper, and other incredibly irritating ingredients but it was a 10 speed so I could keep up the Schwinn's and my cycling career took off.

Rode close to 8,000 miles in the next few years until a combination of Parkinsons, sciatica, spinal stenosis, and a fun-filled disease called neuropathy (for those not in med school, neuropathy is the gradual and painful deterioration of leg nerves caused by nobody knows what and is incurable) made riding impossible.

I had a hell of a good time in the saddle and it was my garbage find All Star that rekindled my interest in cycling. I was often asked why I was riding a girls bike and you can guess my reply. I didn't give a crap what others thought, but a quick and sarcastic "because it takes a real man to ride a girls bike" reply put usually a quick end to the discussion when they couldn't think of any appropriate response.

My advice, ride what you like and call it what you like.

Post Script: Near the end of my riding days, one of the last bikes I rode was a Joe Breeze Greenway, a hybrid with a down angle top tube so I was almost back where I started with I guess what you would call a "boys girls" bike. By the way, I donated the All Star to the Rescue Mission when I got the Huffy...It drives me nuts when people throw away perfectly good items

Back