When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good candidate for OA Bath?

-
I think I’m going to do the whole thing in OA. I’ve actually got an old school BMX bike I need to do too lol. I guess I’ll have to order it online. I went to two stores today looking for it and struck out twice.

They have it at Ace Hardware. Ask for wood bleach.

Home Depot didn’t have it, the one by me doesn’t carry it in store ‍♂️. The closest Ace hardware is a little bit of a ride so I may just order the powder from eBay.

Anyone have any suggestions about the wheels?

Buy the OA online from eBay or Amazon. 5 pounds for less then 20 bucks. Your local stores will rip you, trust me.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/OXALIC-ACI...d:g:UEsAAOSwhOVa7ghK:rk:1:pf:1&frcectupt=true

The rims look pretty toasted, but you can soak them in OA and hopefully you won't have to pitch them in the garden. I use OA on chrome and never had a problem.

I ordered from EBay tonight 14.95 for 5 lbs of OA. I’m hoping the rims would come clean enough to use but your right they look pretty bad. I picked up a back up set in the event they are too toasted. If not I guess I’ll have a spare set of wheels , which means I’ll eventually need to find something to put them on. Thanks for your help.

I ordered from EBay tonight 14.95 for 5 lbs of OA. I’m hoping the rims would come clean enough to use but your right they look pretty bad. I picked up a back up set in the event they are too toasted. If not I guess I’ll have a spare set of wheels , which means I’ll eventually need to find something to put them on. Thanks for your help.

Congrats, you just saved $49.51!! If you purchased the little 12 oz tubs @ $9.67 from Home Depot to equal 5 lbs, the total would be 64.46 plus tax.
Best of luck with the rims.

... This is the seller that I get my OA from too! ... in fact I just started soaking some parts today ...
... I use about a teaspoon per gallon ... or a cup of it with hot water in this pool for a 24 hour soak ...

20190113_120656.jpg

... The real rusty parts needed longer than 24 hrs ... so I put them in a 5 gallon bucket with a fresh hot water OA soak for another day ...

... The real rusty parts needed longer than 24 hrs ... so I put them in a 5 gallon bucket with a fresh hot water OA soak for another day ...

My method is to use more OA in the mix and way less soak time. The residue left on the parts is minute.

Back