When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good first bike for restoration?

-
I have some later 1990s Kustom Kruizer cantilever frame beach cruiser models with fiberglass tanks, which I just consider as an entirely different class than any vintage (or more-vintage) bikes.
Sometimes they are my choice for a ride.

I hope that you enjoy the bike. It's a good looking bike, I like the jet graphics on the tank and chain guard. It is a fun hobby. You can just enjoy the bike that you have, or be like a lot of us and end up with many. In time you will learn what you like. I have a mix of middleweights and ballooners. The ballooners have a hefty solid feeling to them, but there are many factors to what make a bike feel good to ride.
Original and complete is best from a value and collectibility standpoint.
Have fun! This site is great for knowledge and information. There is a lot to learn. Ask questions if you have any.

When you say "restore" are you meaning to make a bike exactly as it left the bike store ? That very expensive and would probably cost a lot more than most bikes are worth.You are better off buying a nice original in great shape and not needing to be restored.Restored bikes generally lose value.

Back