When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good first bike for restoration?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I have some later 1990s Kustom Kruizer cantilever frame beach cruiser models with fiberglass tanks, which I just consider as an entirely different class than any vintage (or more-vintage) bikes.
Sometimes they are my choice for a ride.

I hope that you enjoy the bike. It's a good looking bike, I like the jet graphics on the tank and chain guard. It is a fun hobby. You can just enjoy the bike that you have, or be like a lot of us and end up with many. In time you will learn what you like. I have a mix of middleweights and ballooners. The ballooners have a hefty solid feeling to them, but there are many factors to what make a bike feel good to ride.
Original and complete is best from a value and collectibility standpoint.
Have fun! This site is great for knowledge and information. There is a lot to learn. Ask questions if you have any.

When you say "restore" are you meaning to make a bike exactly as it left the bike store ? That very expensive and would probably cost a lot more than most bikes are worth.You are better off buying a nice original in great shape and not needing to be restored.Restored bikes generally lose value.

Back